The following sets forth the terms and conditions between SCash Global Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “SCash”) and the Merchant (a company registered in accordance with the relevant governing laws and regulations, bears full civil rights and civil capacity, is a natural person, is a responsible person, or an organization that can independently bear civil liabilities, hereinafter referred to as “Merchant”), for the use of the SCash App and its related services (hereinafter referred to as “SCash App”). Before using the SCash App, the Merchant shall read the terms and conditions carefully. Once the Merchants chooses to activate the commercial use of the SCash App, it shall mean that the Merchant has agreed to accept and abide by the terms and conditions in their entirety. This shall also mean the Merchant must agree to the terms and conditions stipulated in the Merchant Agreement for the relevant payment gateways.
The Merchant fully understands that the SCash App is a mobile POS that integrates with the relevant payment gateway using QR Code payment technology. The SCash App is a product of SCash, and SCash is a software service provider. The payment gateway, gateway interface, funds calculation, payment processing, and other related payment enquiries are all created and completed by the relevant payment gateway. The SCash App will not be involved with anything that relates to Merchant funds. Once the consumer scans the Merchant QR code that the Merchant applied, the consumer can make the payment to the Merchant. The payment gateway or a third-party settlement service provider will transfer this amount to the Merchant’s designated bank account (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
The Merchant is responsible for, and must provide, all relevant business information as part of the account activation process via mobile phone. The Merchant must ensure the validity, integrity and accuracy of all information during the submission process. The SCash App is only a merchant-based transaction procession platform. All risks, disputes, and responsibilities arising from the use of the SCash App are to be borne fully by the Merchant, and SCash shall not be responsible nor liable whatsoever.
If the Merchant has any inquiries, the Merchant may call the SCash hotline at (+65) 3100 0338 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, enquiries may be made through the Merchant account via the SCash Support Centre. If the Merchant does not agree nor comply with any of the terms and conditions stated, the Merchant shall cease all use of the SCash App.
The Merchant acknowledges that once it chooses to activate the commercial use of the SCash App, the it shall mean the Merchant expressly consents to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of its personal information by SCash as described in this Policy. This Policy is effective on Dec 1, 2017 for current users, and immediately effective upon acceptance by new users.
The Merchant can browse SCash sites without disclosing its identity nor reveal any personal information. Once the Merchant provide its personal information SCash, the Merchant will no longer be anonymous to SCash. If the Merchant chooses to provide SCash with personal information, it consents to the transfer and storage of that information on SCash servers located in the Republic of Singapore.
SCash may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, date of birth, gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on the Merchant’s activities in the App (such as buying, selling, bidding, item and content it generates or that relates to its Merchant account);
- postage, billing and other information the Merchant provides to purchase or dispatch an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through SCash App, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from the Merchant’s interaction with SCash App, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information SCash asks the Merchant to submit to authenticate itself or if SCash believes the Merchant is violating site policies (for example, SCash may ask the Merchant to send over an ID or bill to verify its address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify its identity or ownership of an item listed);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if the Merchant has an outstanding debt, SCash will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about the Merchant from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
We does not sell or rent the Merchant’s personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without its explicit consent. SCash may combine the Merchant’s information with information it collects from other merchants, and use it to improve and personalize SCash’s services, content and advertising. If the Merchant does not wish to receive marketing communications from SCash nor participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate its preferences in the SCash App by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
SCash’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the Merchant with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. The Merchant agrees that SCash may use its personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and to enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family;
- Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Merchant’s Information
SCash may disclose the Merchant’s personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce its policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing of Merchant’s Information
SCash may share the Merchant’s personal information with:
- Third-party service providers that are under contract with SCash: SCash employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on its behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes SCash sends offers to selected groups of merchants on behalf of other businesses. When SCash does this, it does not give that business the Merchant’s name and address. If the merchant does not want to receive such offers, please update the communication preferences in the SCash App.
- Other third parties to whom the Merchant explicitly asks SCash to send its information to (or about whom the Merchant is otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such circumstances, SCash will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
- Other parties in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. As participants in a confidentiality agreement with SCash, it has the sole discretion to conduct necessary or appropriate action in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such circumstances, SCash will disclose name, street address, city, postal code, country, phone number, email address and company name; and
To further clarify, should SCash have reasonable grounds to believe that any user is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, SCash reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. In addition, SCash may disclose the Merchant’s identity and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if SCash is of the view, at its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. SCash shall not be liable for any damages or results arising from such disclosures, and the Merchant agrees not to bring action or claim against SCash for such disclosures.
Using Information from this App
SCash enables the Merchant to share personal information to complete transactions. When consumers are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, the Merchant must comply with data protection laws, and give consumers a chance to remove themselves from its database and a chance to review what information the Merchant has collected about them.
Merchant agrees to utilize consumer information only for:
- fulfillment of the transaction through this SCash App and for purposes related to the transaction;
- using services offered through this SCash App (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
- other purposes that a consumer expressly choose.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
SCash and its Merchants do not tolerate spam. The Merchant is advised to set the communication preferences in SCash App according its preference. The Merchant is not licensed to add other consumers of the SCash App, even a consumer who has purchased an item from the Merchant, to its mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report SCash App-related spam or spoof emails to SCash, please visit the Enquiry Center. The Merchant may not use SCash’s communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the User Agreement. SCash automatically scans and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but SCash does not permanently store messages sent through these tools. SCash does not rent or sell these email addresses.
The Merchant’s password is the key to its account. Use unique numbers and letters, and do not disclose the password to anyone. If the Merchant does share its password or personal information with others, remember that the Merchant is solely responsible for all actions taken in the name of its account. If the Merchant loses control of its password, it may lose substantial control over its personal information, and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on its behalf. Therefore, if the Merchant’s password has been compromised for any reason, it should immediately notify SCash and change its password.
SCash will never ask for the Merchant password by phone or e-mail. If the Merchant receives such an inquiry, please report the incident to the Enquiry Center or the Personal Information Manager.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Merchant’s Personal Information
The Merchant can review and change most of its personal information by signing in to the App. Generally, SCash will not manually modify the Merchant’s personal information because it is very difficult to verify the Merchant’s identity remotely. The Merchant must promptly update its personal information if anything has changed or is inaccurate. Once the Merchant makes a public posting, it may not be able to change or remove it. Upon the Merchant’s termination request to SCash’s customer service, SCash will close the Merchant account and remove its personal information from public view as soon as reasonably possible, based on the Merchant’s account activity and in accordance with applicable law. SCash does retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce its User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Merchant information is stored on SCash’s servers located in the Republic of Singapore. SCash treats data as an asset that must be protected, and utilize a number of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect the Merchant’s personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as the Merchant may be aware, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse the Merchant’s personal information that they collect from the site. While SCash works very hard to protect the Merchant’s privacy, SCash cannot promise, nor should the Merchant expect, that its personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information SCash collect from the Merchant. If the Merchant disclose its information to others, whether to the buyers or sellers on the SCash App or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use, or disclosure of the information the Merchant discloses to them. SCash does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and the Merchant is subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. SCash encourages the Merchant to ask questions before it disclose its personal information to others.
Personal Information Manager
The Personal Information Manager is responsible for taking reasonable endeavors to protect user information and preventing unauthorized disclosure. The Personal Information Manager is not responsible for damage or loss of information due to unexpected incident due to hacking or other risks inherent to the network that may occur despite technical safeguards. The Personal Information Manager is not responsible for any dispute arising from the consumers’ posts.
If the Merchant has any suggestions or complaints, please may contact SCash by e-mail at email@example.com.
SCash may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on its website. All amended terms automatically take effect 14 days after they are initially posted. If questions are not answered online, please write to: SCash Technologies Pte Ltd. Attn: Personal Information Manager, 111 Somerset Road, #08-04 TripleOne Somerset, Singapore 238164 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
” To further clarify, should SCash have reasonable grounds to believe that any user is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, SCash reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. In addition, SCash may disclose the Merchant’s identity and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if SCash is of the view, at its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. SCash shall not be liable for any damages or results arising from such disclosures, and the Merchant agrees not to bring action or claim against SCash for such disclosures.”
Personal Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this document is to inform the Merchant as to how the SCash App manages, collects, uses, and discloses Personal Data relating to the Merchant. In Singapore, such business activities are subjected to the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“The Act”). SCash conducts its business in compliance with The Act, and has implemented additional measures to protect the Merchant’s personal information. Subject to rights at law, the Merchant agrees to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on the SCash website.
In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which SCash has or likely has access, including data in its records as may be updated from time to time.
Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data that the SCash App may collect from the Merchant will depend on the products, services, and promotions that it uses or subscribes to. Typically, the SCash App will collect Personal Data relating to the Merchant when it:
- Registers for SCash services and/or submit any forms relating to any of its products and services
- Uses some of SCash’s services (e.g. visit its websites and uses its apps)
- Signs up for alerts or newsletters
- Contacts SCash with enquiries or requests for assistance
- Participates in competitions, lucky draws, surveys, or other such events
- Is referenced to SCash by business partners or third parties
The Personal Data collected may include information relating to the Merchant’s:
- Identity: This includes the Merchant’s full name, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, photographs, device ID, IP address, and payment-related information (e.g. bank account details or details of the Merchant’s account with a payment service provider such as UnionPay)
- Interactions with SCash: This includes recordings of the Merchant’s phone calls with SCash, emails sent, and other records of any contact with the Merchant
- Account: Details relating to the Merchant’s SCash App account
- Use of our services: This includes using cookies to track information relating to the Merchant’s interaction with the SCash App (e.g. the pages within the SCash App that the Merchant may visit, the time spent on those pages, items and information searched on SCash’s website, access time and dates, webpages the Merchant was visiting prior to SCash’s website, and information relating to clicks and redirects)
- Preferences: This includes details that the Merchant has shared with SCash as to how it would like to be contacted, and the Merchant’s preferred products and brands
Apart from collecting the above Personal Data directly from the Merchant or its authorized representatives, the SCash App may also collect Personal Data from third parties (such as our business partners, Google, social media providers, or fraud-prevention agencies), or from publicly available sources.
In addition, the SCash website uses “cookies”, which are small data files sent to the internet browser to store and track information about visits to the SCash website. The cookie is used to track some of the information mentioned above relating to the use of the SCash website and services.
Most internet browsers provide the option to turn off the processing of cookies, but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict the use of a website, and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates. In particular, it would not allow SCash to track transactions with its merchant partners and this would mean that SCash will be unable to credit the Merchant with cashback or otherwise provide the Merchant with the products and services it requested.
Accuracy of Information and Third Party Consent
The Merchant should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to SCash is complete, accurate, true, and correct. Failure to do so may result in SCash’s inability to provide the Merchant with the products and services it requested.
Further, when the Merchant provides SCash with any Personal Data relating to a third party (including spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), it represents to SCash that it has obtained the consent of the third party to provide SCash with their Personal Data.
Security of Personal Data
The SCash App ensures that all Personal Data collected will be safely and securely stored and has implemented stringent measures to secure and protect the Merchant’s information. These include:
- Using a secure, encrypted 128-bit SSL connection on all of SCash’s web pages where the Merchant transmits Personal Data. 128-bit SSL encryption is the industry standard and is approximated to take at least one trillion years to crack
- Ensuring that Personal Data relating to the Merchant is only stored on servers with proper safeguards to prevent security breaches
- Limiting access of information in SCash’s systems
- Implementing strict verification processes to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Data
- Securely destroying the Merchant’s personal information when it’s no longer needed for business or legal processes
Use of Personal Data
The SCash App does not sell or trade Personal Data collected online with third parties.
SCash may use Personal Data relating to the Merchant to:
- Administer the services SCash provides to the Merchant
This would include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant to track its transactions with merchant partners, credit cashback rewards into its SCash App account, and process the necessary payments associated with such transactions. It would also include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant to activate or deactivate services, provide it with additional products, services, and benefits (such as promotions, loyalty programs, or reward programs), and administer (at times in conjunction with our preferred partners) promotional events, contests, competitions, and corporate social responsibility projects.
- Enhance the services SCash provides to the Merchant
This would include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant to conduct market research, analysis, and surveys (at times in conjunction with preferred partners) in order to understand the Merchant’s preferences, develop new products and services, or personalize or otherwise improve the products and services SCash offers to Merchants. It would also include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant to deliver relevant advertising (such as that involving details of products, services, special offers, and rewards from SCash and its preferred partners), either to Merchants generally, or which SCash has identified may be of interest to the Merchant in particular, to deliver periodic newsletters with prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations, or to promote benefits and offer rewards and promotions that the Merchant qualifies for.
- Customer Service
This would include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant to respond to requests and enquires made by the Merchant (or authorized persons), provide it with directory assistance, and provide updates relating to SCash’s products, services, or policies.
- Security and Compliance
The would include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant to detect and prevent fraud and other crimes (e.g. by conducting checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks), conducting internal audits, or otherwise meeting legal, regulatory and other requirements (including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial, and other government agencies, responding to regulatory complaints, making relevant disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations, and taking steps which the SCash App considers necessary in the event of a lawsuit or potential lawsuit). It would also include using Personal Data relating to the Merchant for the purposes of security and risk management and to ensure the safety and security of SCash’s properties and systems.
SCash will not use Personal Data relating to the Merchant for purposes other than what has been stated, or which is permitted or required under local law and regulations.
SCash will only retain Personal Data relating to the Merchant for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Sharing of Personal Data
SCash may share Personal Data relating to the Merchant with:
- Companies within SCash
- The business partners, vendors, agents, and service providers, who SCash works with, to deliver services the Merchant has subscribed to. This would include merchant partners, payment service providers, third party service providers engaged in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by the SCash App or its preferred partners, and third party service providers who provide operational services to the SCash App (such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre or other services to the SCash App). It also includes our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers
- In the event of an actual or prospective business asset transaction (such as any merger, acquisition or asset sale), any business partner, investor, assignee, or transferee for the purposes of facilitating such a transaction
- Relevant regulators, statutory boards or authorities, or law enforcement agencies as required by any laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations or schemes
Personal Data is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
Under exceptional circumstances, the SCash App may also be required to disclose Personal Data relating to the Merchant, where there are grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
In some cases, SCash encrypts, anonymizes, and aggregates the information before sharing it. Anonymizing means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups, segments, age groups, etc.
SCash will also ensure that overseas organizations it works with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
When the Merchant registers as a user on the SCash App, SCash will use Personal Data the Merchant has provided to send promotional e-mails from time to time, so as to provide updates about the latest offers, rewards, deals, products, or services from the SCash App or its preferred partners. The Merchant can unsubscribe from SCash’s promotional e-mails at any time through the unsubscribe function within the promotional e-mails.
Updating Personal Data
The Merchant can update its personal information any time by accessing its account on the SCash App. If there is any Personal Data relating to the Merchant that it is unable to update through the SCash App, and that it wishes to make corrections to, it may contact SCash at email@example.com.
Respecting your Consent and Access to Personal Data
If the Merchant wishes to access the Personal Data that stored with SCash, inquire about the ways in which Personal Data relating to it has been or may have been used or disclosed by SCash App within the past year, or wishes to withdraw its consent to the use of such Personal Data, please contact SCash at firstname.lastname@example.org. SCash will seek to attend to the Merchant’s request as best as it reasonably can.
Kindly note however that SCash may have to charge the Merchant a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving its Personal Data. Please also note that if the Merchant withdraw its consent to the use and/or disclosure of its Personal Data, depending on the nature of its objection, SCash may not be in a position to continue to provide the products or services or perform on any contract with the Merchant. SCash’s legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
Changes to the Personal Data Protection Policy
SCash reserves the right to modify and update the Personal Data Protection Policy at any time to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to the rights at law, the Merchant agrees to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on SCash’s website. Any changes to this policy will be published on its website.
This Personal Data Protection Policy and the Merchant’s use of this SCash App shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.